Refine your search
The cottage is an energy efficient building renovated with local slate and timber. Set in beautiful garden, 1 mile to town and 8 miles to the coast. Sleeps 6, wheelchair access ground floor and mobile hoist. Pets welcome.
Children welcome from any age.
Biggar, United Kingdom
12 April 2017
“Lovely place to stay in a great area.”
This is a lovely holiday home in a beautiful garden setting. It is beautifully decorated and very comfortable. There is lots of space and it is with in a short drive of Machynlleth where you can find just about everything you might need.
It was very clean and there wa lots of information about the house and the local area.
SH 733013 52.59467 -3.87192
Trains two-hourly to Machynlleth from London Euston (4-5 hrs) via Birmingham (2 hrs) and Shrewsbury, or London Paddington via Reading. Buses from Shrewsbury, Wrecsam. Yr Hen Stablau is 1 mile from train and bus and transport can be provided on arrival.
Road: approx 2 hrs from Birmingham, 1hr 15 mins from Shrewsbury, just off the
A 493 between Machynlleth and Aberdyfi and less than a mile from Dyfi Bridge.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- DVD player
- CD player
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Outdoor facilities
patios and garden
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bedrooms available with no fitted carpets
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Wet room
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- W.C. fitted with handrails available
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair user
The drive up to Yr Hen Stablau leads to the front porch with a level way in to the lobby. The whole of the ground floor of Yr Hen Stablau is wheelchair accessible, and the doors are all 900mm wide or wider. On the ground floor is a double bedroom, shower room and toilet, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, hall and access to the terraces front and back. The shower room has roll-in shower, WC, grab rails and lever taps. Mobile hoist available. All door handles are disability friendly, the basins and kitchen sink have lever taps, and the colour scheme is planned for good visibility of doors, windows, handles, floors, worktops and cupboards. The cottage is light with plenty of windows, skylights and lights inside and out. There is a radio, CD player and satellite digital TV with teletext. We can arrange free transport on arrival from the railway and bus stations in Machynlleth and also help carrying luggage on request.
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)