Awards for Thorneyfield Guest House
Quality Cumbria Assessed
The Quality Cumbria assessors visit an accommodation provider every year and carry out a routine day visit. They all assess to the VisitBritain Minimum Entry Requirements (MER). You can be assured that if you select an Accommodation Provider with this sign (logo) beside it, then it has met, and in some circumstances will go beyond MER.
FairBooking aims to provide the best deal for the customer, the business and the destination. By making a booking with a FairBooking property or through a FairBooking website you are guaranteed the best rates on-line and the revenue stays within the local economy. In addition, FairBooking businesses donate for every direct booking they receive to an approved good cause that supports environmental and community schemes.
Member of Cumbria Tourism
Cumbria Tourism is a membership organisation with over 2,600 members from the tourism industry, committed to developing, promoting and managing tourism in the county.
Self-assessed Accessibility Information
Self-assessed Accessibility Information provides a list of available facilities and services, highlighted as being of key importance by disabled people. Along with Access Statements, which provide a fuller written description of accessibility, it can help people with access needs make an informed choice as to whether accommodation, attractions, food & drink or shopping establishments meet their needs.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
slate flagstones with three steps up to the door.
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
We have no provision for wheel chair users or severe mobility problems, all of our bedrooms are upstairs on either the first or second floor. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low sodium
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training