West Leas Farm offers you a warm welcome.
Set amidst the beautiful North Yorkshire countryside they all look out onto open fields and a lake in the valley bottom. The farm being up a short lane is quiet – but not isolated nearby village just a mile away and Ripon or Masham only 5 miles away. In Ripon explore the Cathedral or visit Fountains Abbey. The Yorkshire Dales on one side and the North York Moors on the other you can explore the many castles, waterfalls or pretty villages that are within a short distance.
Dogs and children welcome. Have your breakfast and watch the sheep grazing nearby.
Archway Cottage offers 1 double, 1 twin (both with exposed beams), fold up bed available, bathroom with shower over bath, large oak beamed lounge/dining room, well equipped oak kitchen. Front courtyard with parking, rear garden with patio and gate leading to open fields and views over open valley
The Byre offers 1 double bedroom, 1 twin bedded room, both with exposed beams and stone features ,Luxurious bathroom with shower , large lounge/diner, well-equipped kitchen, front courtyard with parking, rear garden with patio and gate leading to open fields and views over open valley. Fold-out bed available.
Granary Cottage offers 1 double plus a fold-up child's bed or cot, bathroom with shower cubicle, open plan dining room & lounge and fully fitted kitchen area, rear patio area/garden with gate leading to open fields.
Milk house and Stable are both very similar. Modern cottages with solid wood floors. Both have twin bedrooms open plan lounge kitchen dining area.
Children welcome from any age.
SE 242733 54.15549 -1.63057
Getting to Ripon from the A1 Northbound
Take the Ripon / Boroughbridge exit A1(M) - Junction48.
At the top of the slip road turn right across the motorway and then left at the next roundabout.
The road runs parallel to the A1(M) for a couple of miles across the next roundabout and then left at the next roundabout back over the motorway.
Follow signs for Ripon - there are several brown 'tourist attraction' signs to help you signed "Fountains Abbey".
Follow the road past a windmill, over the river, past Ripon Racecourse on your left.
At the next roundabout choose the centre of the three lanes and proceed across the roundabout with the canal to the left.
Follow this road for a mile skirting the city until a mini roundabout.
Getting to Ripon from the A1 Southbound
Leave the A1 at Junction 50 - A61 to Ripon.
Follow the brown tourist signs to Fountains Abbey.
Getting to us from Ripon
Continue out of Ripon and continue following the signs for Fountains Abbey (B6265).
You will soon pass Tate's garden centre on the right. Turn right immediately - signposted Kirkby Malzeard and Galphay.
Continue for 4 miles into Galphay, past The Galphay Inn and bear left for 1/4 mile, until you reach a triangular junction with a post box.
Turn right, West Leas Farm is 500 yards on the right.
By Public Transport:
The nearest railway station is Harrogate. Contact Harrogate Tourist Information Centre on 0845 3893223 for transport links.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Children's outdoor play area
- Working farm
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Breakfast available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Outdoor facilities
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Wet room
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair user
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities • Parking is available directly outside each cottage for one car. Further parking is available on the grass adjacent to the yard for a second car Public Areas • Whilst you are welcome to walk in the fields and we provide a map of the farm with public footpaths and also permitted routes showing gates and stiles. There is a large communal lawned area to the rear of the cottages Children and dogs must be adequately supervised
- Steps to the main entrance:
- oneNumber of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available in kitchen
- Call system with vibrating pads
- Call system with flashing lights