Three beautifully converted and tastefully decorated stone barns with original oak beams set in over an acre of grounds in the picturesque and quiet village of Foxt. Recently renovated and beautifully furnished, these 4 star self catering cottages provide all the comforts of home and modern conveniences you would expect and more.
Located in the Staffordshire Moorlands on the edge of the Peak District, and only ten minutes from Alton Towers, Rock House Farm provides the perfect base for sightseeing, walking, cycling and mountain biking, caving, fishing, rock climbing, hang gliding, canoeing, a family getaway from the stresses and strains of everyday life or just to come and enjoy our spectacular sunsets!
On arrival, you are welcomed personally by the owners, who include a generous welcome pack including bread, milk, tea, coffee and sugar.
Each cottage features a fully-fitted kitchen, and there’s an award winning local pub only a two minute walk away.
There is a large private car park, a substantial play area (including trampoline and swings) for kids young and old, and barbeque area.
Young children are always welcome, high chair, booster seat and three sizes of cot are available on request.
Please visit www.rockhousefarm.org for further photos and information.
Children welcome from any age.
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
22 July 2016
Really enjoyable stay. Beautiful cottage in a beautiful area. Very close to the peak district. Perfect place to spend time together as a family.
Reply from Rock House Farm Holiday Cottages at 22 Jul 2016
Thank you Joe for your lovely comments, I'm so glad you and your family had a good weekend
SK 035484 53.03358 -1.94799
We are located in the South Eastern corner of the village of Foxt. If you are using a Satellite Navigation system then heading to 53.03359 N 1.94801 W will bring you directly to our gates. Heading to ST10 2HN via Satellite Navigation will take you to the church - please see directions below.
If arriving in the village from the South (via Froghall), you will travel up a hill for about a mile.At the top of the hill, keep right (do not take the left hand fork past the pub) and turn right as the road curves to the left. We are directly ahead.
If instead you arrive in the village from the North (via Cauldon Low, Winkill or Ipstones), keep going until you see the church on your right. Shortly the road will curve to the right and start going downhill. At this curve, turn to your left and we are directly ahead.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Children's outdoor play area
- DVD player
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Outdoor facilities
bbq, children's play area
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)