Refine your search
Search availability for The Plough Inn and book online
Please go to our website to see our full details, photos and our amazing Tripadvisor reviews. In the meantime here is a brief description of our beautiful Inn.
The Plough Inn is ideally situated on the A19 on the outskirts of York in the village of Fulford, the City Centre being a short bus or taxi ride away or a 20 minute walk. Both the Designer Outlet and a Park and Ride facility are only a few minutes drive away, as is access to the A64 and York's outer ring road. York University and Fulford Golf Club are a few minutes away.
The Plough Inn offers high quality Bed & Breakfast facilities (with free parking) as well as being a popular eating and drinking place. Food is freshly cooked to order and much of the produce is locally sourced.
The staff at The Plough are amongst the most friendly and helpful you will ever meet and time and again are praised for their cheerfulness and willingness to please.
The Plough is attracting many wonderful reviews and already has people booking from all over the world.
Children welcome from age 6.
Ware, United Kingdom
26 July 2015
“Fantastic venue, great food, very welcoming owner!”
The room was really nice and quiet, the food at the inn was exceptionally good and the staff were warm, welcoming and freindly making you feel right at home. Including the lovely pub cat Tom!
SE 610491 53.93506 -1.07188
From the North/South (A1M)
Join the A64 York, and take the 3rd exit for York Centre/Selby A19.
Head towards York, and The Plough Inn is approx. 0.5 miles on the left hand side.
From the East
On approaching York, head for the A64 signposted Leeds, and take the exit for York Centre/Selby A19. Then as above.
From the West.
On approaching York, head for the A64 signposted Scarborough, and take the exit for York Centre/Selby A19. Then as above.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Public house/Inn
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from age 6.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Baby changing facilities
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)