Search availability for The Grange Hotel and book online
Our luxury, 4 star hotel offers everything you’ll need for the perfect stay in the beautiful city of York, whether visiting for business or pleasure. We’re only a few minutes' walk from York’s historic city centre, offering the perfect base to explore what has been voted ‘best and most beautiful UK City’, as well as the ‘safest city in the world’.
Our boutique style hotel, is a Grade II listed building in the affluent ‘Bootham’ part of York, built in 1830. On entering, the original sweeping staircase with cast iron balustrade welcomes guests, the interior dotted with period antiques and luxurious Regency style décor throughout. A significant refurbishment in 2016 has enhanced the appeal further with the addition of lifts to all floors, premier ground floor rooms and the development of the historic cellars into ‘The Ivy Brasserie’, our stunning 2 Rosette restaurant. We are also a chic venue for meetings, small conferences and weddings.
The glamour continues in the 41 ensuite rooms, including flat screen LCD TVs, Taylors of Harrogate hospitality tray, laptop safes, free WiFi and luxury toiletries from the White Company. Extra luxury in some of the Premier rooms comes in the form of underfloor heating, air conditioning and TVs in the bathroom.
The Ivy Brasserie can be found in the cellars of The Grange Hotel; a contemporary 2 Rosette eatery serving classic food with a French influence.
What you’re getting – A quirky and atmospheric mix of melting candles and exposed brickwork with industrial lighting adding an edge to the proceedings. The Ivy Brasserie marries the unique heritage of our cellars with a relaxed and informal environment. Chef, Will Nicol, deals in gutsy flavours and supporting British farmers is central to his ethos, using dedicated Yorkshire producers wherever possible.
Children welcome from any age.
Kent, United Kingdom
03 August 2016
“Spoilt by the building work under our bedroom.”
When I contacted the hotel to inquire about booking the only warning given was that the hotel car park had limited parking spacies.
I was not prepared for the builing site that is the car park.Work started at 7.15 each morning with deliveries and building work.There was no chance of a quite lay in,Work continued till gone 7 in the evening,at both ends of the day noise concisted of drilling.power saws and endless shouting.
Any thought of this break being restful was forgoten.
Why were customers not advised of this prior to booking and rooms used so close to theconstruction site.It would appear a management that have no perception of customer service.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Minibar in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Night porter
- Passenger lift
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Christmas special programme
- Travel agent bookings
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Staff fluent in French
- Staff fluent in German
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Lift equipped with verbal floor announcements
- Lift equipped with raised floor numbers or braille numbers or letters
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Baby changing facilities
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bedrooms available with separate, private or shared bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Steps to the main entrance
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities