Refine your search
In the heart of historic York, this elegant Georgian mansion has been superbly refurbished, combining beautiful original features with modern facilities, including free Wi-Fi and secure parking.
Set in its own beautiful, peaceful grounds, just a 5-minute stroll from York Minster, the Churchill Hotel combines the appearance of a country house hotel with a city centre location.
With a refined atmosphere, the award-winning Brasserie boasts a great reputation for delicious cuisine, made with fresh, locally sourced, seasonal produce. The Wellington Bar offers a wide range of drinks including craft beers and premium spirits in stylish and relaxing surroundings.
Children welcome from any age.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
04 January 2014
“Enjoyable and comfortable.”
The hotel is conveniently situated for the historic centre, in it's own grounds, so is quiet with on site parking.
The staff were friendly and efficient.
We would have preferred coffee from machines at the breakfast buffet.
We did not spot any hair dryers in the bedroom.
SE 597525 53.96513 -1.09149
From the A19 (Thirsk to York Road), follow signs into the City Centre. Just beyond the pedestrian footbridge, look out for the Hotel, on your left hand side.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Night porter
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Christmas special programme
- Travel agent bookings
- Regular entertainment
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Senior citizens reduced rates
- Building of historical interest
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- Designated smoking area
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- Evening meals
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Wet room
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Bath with support handrails available
- Steps to the main entrance
- 6Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities