Refine your search
Delightful cottage tucked away in a secluded peaceful location at the foot of the Yorkshire Wolds. It is surrounded by open countryside with excellent bridleways, footpaths and cycleroutes right outside the door, but with the added benefit of being just 5 minutes drive from the Historic City of York. The Hideaway provides cosy and welcoming holiday accommodation all at ground level and nestles within the grounds of the owners home. The shared garden and outdoor pool are perfect for enjoying on a warm summer evening. There are also on site catering and spa treatments available on request and a luxury welcome pack with homemade produce making this the perfect holiday to recharge your batteries.
The picturesque village of Stamford Bridge is only 3 miles away and there is a cycle route from the hideaway right into the village. It has some stunning scenery and beautiful riverside walks. The historic City of York with its magnificent Minster is only six miles away, where you can enjoy visiting the National railway Museum, Jorvik Viking Centre, and the York Dungeons. You can also sail along the river ouses on the York boat, where you can see the city from a different perspective or join on of the nightly ghost walks throught the ancient streets recounting stories of yorks spooky past.
For booking enquiries please contact Sarahvincent007@btinternet.com.
Children welcome from any age.
SE 697545 53.98187 -0.93863
A64 to York, come off at the A166 Bridlington exit follow the A166 straight down through gate Helmsley towards Stamford Bridge, turn right just past the Balloon Tree tea rooms and farm shop signposted Scoreby estate continue up the lane for approx 1 mile- go past 'The Granary' and 'Byre House' turn right and park in front of the 6 garages walk through the picket fence and in through the garden of Byre House.
York Station and then a taxi ride or a bus journey.
From the main bus station at Rougier Street, take the bus to Stamford Bridge and get off at the balloon tree tea room and farm shop and walk up the lane 1 mile to the property.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
- Christmas special programme
- Baby listening service
- Health/beauty facilities onsite
- Private parking
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Linen provided
- Swimming pool - outdoor onsite
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Children's outdoor play area
- Working farm
- Cycles for hire
- Cleaning service
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- Euros accepted
- Single sex groups welcomed
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Breakfast available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Outdoor facilities
garden, terrace, bbq fire pit, table and chairs
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bathrooms available with:
- Steps to the main entrance:
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)