Hotel 53 is in a central location within the city walls and is a short walk from York's major attractions.
The hotel's clean, modern exterior is complemented by elegant interior design, creating an atmosphere of stylish simplicity. Whether you're taking a short break, staying with us for a little longer or on business you'll feel immediately at ease at Hotel 53 York.
At Hotel 53, we aim for individuality and flair, with the most modern facilities to ensure that our guests receive a warm and professional service throughout their stay.
We offer limited car parking and discounted car parking at a local car park.
Please note the restaurant is closed every Saturday and Sunday. Additionally the restaurant closes on the 31st December every year.
Children welcome from age 12.
SE 607513 53.95423 -1.07649
From Leeds - via the A64
Travel East on A64. Take A1036 towards York City Centre. Pass the Racecourse on right and travel up the Mount and along Blossom Street towards Micklegate Bar. Turn right at traffic lights into Nunnery Lane. Bear left over Skeldergate Bridge and over roundabout. Take first left after roundabout into Piccadilly. HOTEL 53 is on the right.
From The South - M1 and A1
Travel North on the M1. At junction 32 take M19 link to A1 North. At junction 2 take A1 North. Continue until sign marked York A64 and follow directions as above.
From The East - Scarborough, Bridlington and Hull
A1079 Hull Road and through Walmgate Bar. Turn left into Hope Street and cross into Lead Mill Lane. Turn right into Piccadilly. HOTEL 53 is on the right.
From Selby - A19
A19 Fulford Road and along Fishergate. One way system to roundabout. Go right round the roundabout and take first left after it into Piccadilly. HOTEL 53 is on the right.
By Public Transport:
From York Railway Station
Turn left out of station towards the Minster. Take right hand lane and cross straight under arch into Rougier Street. Turn left into Micklegate and cross Ouse Bridge. Follow road past Cliffords Tower on the left to roundabout. Bear left and take first left into Piccadilly. HOTEL 53 is on the right.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Night porter
- Passenger lift
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Staff fluent in Polish
Children welcome from age 12.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Lift equipped with verbal floor announcements
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Wet room
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- WCs with handrails available
- Bathroom with emergency call system available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bedrooms available with separate, private or shared bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair users
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training