Refine your search
Set within a peaceful tree-lined cul-de-sac, The Groves is just a ten minute walk to the centre of York.
The Groves is made up of three separate buildings. York House and The Cottage are located at the back of the main building and are about 10 metres or so across our private courtyard car park.
Our reception is open until 11pm for arrivals and our lounge & bar is open from midday until 11pm for residents.
We offer free parking for guests and with plenty of space to leave your car; you can explore York on foot. For those staying a little longer, a short trip to Scarborough, Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay, Staithes, or Helmsley are worth a visit.
CHILDREN: Please note The Groves is not suitable for children under 5yrs.
Children welcome from age 5.
SE 597528 53.96784 -1.09143
Travelling by car enter York onto the outer ring road, the A1237. Following this road, you should enter York at the large roundabout which is signposted for York in one direction and Thirsk in the other. Take the road to York (the A19) and travel for about two miles past Clifton Green (on your right), then Clifton Bingo on your left. Ahead you will see a footbridge over the road, turn left into St Peters Groves BEFORE you drive underneath - you will see St Peters School on the right. We are located at the end of this cul-de-sac and you will see the signs for the car park as you approach.
By Public Transport:
The property is just a short stroll from the city centre and railway station on the north side of the city. We recommend that you take a taxi from the station which costs approx. £5.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Euros accepted
Children welcome from age 5.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- WCs with handrails available
- Bedrooms available with emergency call systems such as flashing lights (if fire alarm is activated)
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Staff have had disability awareness training