Refine your search
Search availability for Carlton House and book online
The Award Winning Carlton House Bed & Breakfast in York has been offering high quality four-star accommodation to visitors for a number of years and has build up an enviable reputation within the regional tourism industry.
Winner of Visit York Tourism Awards for Excellence 2014 and multi finalist, Carlton House is a lovingly restored 1830s Georgian townhouse, which has retained many of its original features and combined them with modern amenities to make any stay comfortable and memorable.
Situated on the tranquil Mount, 5 minutes stroll from the city wall, within walking distance of York city centre and close to York Racecourse and York Railway Station.
Well known for providing an exceptional breakfast, we receive many compliments from guests on the quality and variety of fare on offer. As well as a freshly cooked traditional Yorkshire Breakfast we also offer a breakfast buffet with cereals, fruit, yoghurts and juices, vegetarian options available on request.
We pride ourselves on offering many features of larger hotels but with a more personal touch we are a friendly family orientated accommodation.
Reservations from stag, hen or single sex groups will not be taken.
We have a private car park at the rear.
Children welcome from age 5.
SE 594511 53.95260 -1.09633
From the North:
Take the A1 onto the A59 on the outskirts of the city you will cross the A1237. Follow that road into the city until you come up a hill to an iron railway bridge. Turn right after the bridge onto Dalton Terrace. At the traffic lights turn left and the hotel is 100 metres along on the left.
From the South:
Come into York on the A64 York-Leeds road. On the outskirts of the city take the A1036 sign posted York West. After a mile you will pass the racecourse which will be on your right. There is then a slight hill with traffic lights at the top, go through the lights and the hotel is 100 metres on the left hand side.
By Public Transport:
From York Train Station, turn right and follow the footpath round the city wall until you come to the cross roads. Turn right at the junction onto Blossom Street. After approx 300 metres you will pass a Sainsbury mini mart, just beyond here the road changes name to the Mount. We are a further 200 metres on the right hand side after the Quick Fit garage.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Baby listening service
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Euros accepted
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from age 5.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 12Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free