Refine your search
Search availability for Alcuin Lodge Guest House and book online
Alcuin Lodge is an Edwardian family home with contemporary décor, providing bed and breakfast. A short stroll away from the centre of York, set in a quiet residential area, this guest house is the ideal base for your stay in the city.
London, On, Canada
01 October 2015
“Felt that we were really well taken care of.”
Darren really took good care of us. I appreciated that he reached out to us in advance to find out details about us and our plans in York so he could guide us in the direction that would make our trip more special, e.g. I got my Yorkshire pudding in Yorkshire :-)
Reply from Alcuin Lodge Guest House at 1 Oct 2015
Thank you Lisa. It was a pleasure having you to stay and we're happy that we were able to add to your trip. Great to know that everything at Alcuin Lodge was just as you would have wanted.
I hope the rest of your trip has gone well and that you find your way back to York again soon.
SE 596523 53.96336 -1.09305
From the North:
From the A1, take the A19 towards York. After crossing the A1237 (outer ring road) continue towards the city centre on the A19. After passing a village green area on your right and driving under a footbridge, turn right opposite the Churchill Hotel into Bootham Terrace. Take the first right into Sycamore Terrace. Alcuin Lodge is towards the end on the left.
From the South:
From the A1, take the A64 towards York and Scarborough. Take the A1237 outer ring road (avoiding the city centre). At the 5th roundabout, take the A19 towards the city centre then follow direction above.
Less than a ten minute walk from the train station / coach dropping off point.
Bus route No. 2
Taxi approximately £6
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Laundry/valet service
- Ironing facilities
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- Real log/coal fires
- On street/public parking
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
Proprietor has worked with disabled children and adults and has completed training on working with disabled people. Please call us to discuss your individual needs.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training