Refine your search
In a quiet corner of Windermere village you will come across Chestnuts Guest House offering excellent bed and breakfast accommodation. We are perfectly situated to make the most of Lake Windermere and its beautiful surrounding area.
The Chestnuts makes the ideal base for enjoying the fabulous Lake District whether you want to relax and take in the beautiful countryside, explore the fells or enjoy a meal in the numerous pubs and restaurant. We are only 5-minutes walk from Windermere village and 10-minutes walk to Bowness village and Lake Windermere.
Chestnuts Guest house in Windermere offers a delightful homely atmosphere and a high standard of comfort and service. The house itself is a century old, enjoying both secluded gardens and private parking.
There is a choice of 7 elegantly furnished bedrooms all named after the Lake District lakes. With comfortable king-sized 4-posters and standard king-size beds all with either ensuite showers or baths.
Children welcome from age 8.
Crawley, United Kingdom
04 September 2016
“A perfect retreat from adventures in the Lakes”
I would highly recommend Chestnuts to anyone look for a relaxing place to stay during their exploration in the Lake District. The room was delightful, a good size, clean and had a comfy bed. The breakfast was delicious, a perfect way to start the day. I'll miss ticking those boxes before going to bed! Heather and Nigel were pefect hosts, I would definitely come back again.
Reply from The Chestnuts Guest House at 4 Sep 2016
Thank you Rebecca for your review. It is much appreciated. Very glad you enjoyed your stay.
SD 410978 54.37228 -2.90968
Windermere is in the centre of the English Lake District and can be easily reached from the M6 jct 36 and by then following the A591 to Kendal and Windermere.
Follow the dual carriageway to the large roundabout just outside Kendal. Do not follow the signs into Kendal, but carry on the A591 to Windermere.
Take the left turning into Windermere village where you will almost immediately enter a one-way system. At the end of the one-way system, after a pelican crossing, count each left turn and take the fourth one into Lake Road by the clock tower. Then take the first right into Princes Road where you will immediately see The Chestnuts on your right. Take the first right turning into The Chestnuts car park.
The nearest mainline railway station is Oxenholme at Kendal. Windermere has its own station, it is linked to Oxenholme by an hourly train service and is 10-minutes walk away from the guest house.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
Children welcome from age 8.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities