Refine your search
Search availability for Rosemount and book online
Rosemount is an elegant, Lakeland stone house built in 1884. We have a friendly atmosphere, our beds are crisp and comfortable and our full English breakfasts are extremely tasty particularly the sausages! Situated a short walk from both Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere. A warm welcome awaits you.
Children welcome from age 4.
N/A, United Kingdom
24 November 2016
“Definitely 5 Star”
A very friendly warm welcoming couple that run the Guest house, The rooms are so very clean, the Breakfast was 1st class, the house keeper is a lovely Lady who is also very friendly and looks after the guests so well too.
I will definitely recommend this guest house, and will certainly be staying again.
SD 409977 54.37137 -2.91120
We are situated on Lake Road (A5074) roughly halfway between the villages of Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere. From the M6 jct 36 take A591 towards Windermere (14 miles). At Windermere station/Tourist Information Centre turn left into Windermere village and follow the road through the village. We are on the left just after the clock tower (opposite the converted church).
From the M6 Jct 40 take the A66 towards Keswick. Take either the A592 via Ullswater and Kirkstone Pass to Windermere or continue along the A66 to Threlkeld, turn left through St Johns in the Vale to Windermere on the A591 via Grasmere & Ambleside. At the junction of the A591 and A592 head east towards Windermere and at Windermere station/Tourist Information Centre turn right into Windermere village and follow the road through the village. We are on the left after the clock.
The nearest local train station is Windermere 0.75 miles from Rosemount and the main west coast line station is Oxenholme 10 miles from us. There is a National Express coach stop at Windermere station. Airports - Manchester 90 miles, Leeds Bradford 75 miles and Newcastle 120 miles. If you use public transport to get to the Lake District then car hire, bike hire or escorted trips can be arranged by us.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- DVD player
- CD player
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed
Children welcome from age 4.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free