College House is a totally non-smoking, spacious Victorian family home that offers a warm and friendly welcome to all. Set in a quiet area close to the village centre and railway station. The front rooms have superb mountain views and even the rear east ward facing room has a lovely roof top view of Orrest Head and is also the first to catch the morning sun. All rooms have en suite facilities plus flat screen colour TV with DVD, shaver point, tea/coffee making facilities and full central heating. There are plenty of interesting local guides, maps, books and fresh flowers with a nice selection of prints from three generations of the Heaton Cooper family. Outside, our mature, private garden with its two patios and garden furniture, catch the sun from breakfast until early evening. A lovely place to relax with a bottle of wine on a summers evening. Doreen your hostess, a born and bred Windermere girl, will arrange local minibus tours, hire of mountain bikes or horses riding facilities and pass on her extensive knowledge and advise on all the local walks and areas of interest. Vegetarians welcome. Private, off-road car parking spaces are available at the rear of the property..
Children welcome from age 10.
Houston Tx, United States
25 September 2012
Room was clean and bed very comfortable. Room was supposed to be on 2nd floor but was actually 3rd floor.
It took the shower an extremely long time to get warm water.
Parking was very cramped and difficult to manuver.
It would have been nice to have wi-fi available.
SD 411985 54.37893 -2.90706
From the M6 jct 36 take the A591 to Windermere. From the A591 turn left into Elleray Road, 100yds north of Windermere Hotel. College Road is the next turn on the right. From railway station turn left down the hill. Cross over the road, passing the Lakes Hotel on your left. College Road is straight across the junction at the bottom of the hill.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
Children welcome from age 10.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 9Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours