Refine your search
Search availability for 1 Park Road and book online
Situated in Windermere village and just a 20 minutes' stroll from the lake at Bowness and 10 minutes from the train station, 1 Park Road is the perfect place for your Lake District break. Our 6 large luxury rooms are stylishly furnished with tea & coffee making facilities, flat screen TV's, DVD/CD players as well as iPod docking stations.
Alongside our stock of local ale, brewed just 4 miles down the road at the award-winning Hawkshead Brewery, we serve a delicious range of locally sourced produce for breakfast and our home made pies and platters. We also offer a selection of popular continental beer and wines, giving you the opportunity to try the great Cumbrian produce with your traditional home comforts.
Our lounge provides the perfect atmosphere for you to relax and unwind with a glass of wine after a busy day out in the Lakes before retreating to your room to recharge your batteries. We are more than happy to advise you on what to do in the area and the must see spots during your stay in Cumbria. We look forward to welcoming you to 1 Park Road.
Children welcome from any age.
London, United Kingdom
11 September 2016
Phillip and Mary are a very friendly host, the breakfast they provide was also incredible.
The location is quite nice, with walking distance from the railway station.
A few supermarket like co-op, Sainsbury are also around.
Overall, it is a very good experience to stay with them.
SD 414981 54.37502 -2.90358
M6 jct 36 head for Windermere go down the one-way system past the shops take a left into Broad Street, proceed to the end of the road, turn right and you will see us on the left hand corner.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Ironing facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- DVD player
- CD player
- Euros accepted
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Steps to the main entrance
- 5Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours