Search availability for The White Rose and book online
The White Rose was built in the Victorian era and has many original fixtures. We are very close to many shops, cafes and restaurants. There are also many great long or short walks in the vicinity such as Orrest Head and School Knott.
We are a 20 min walk (down the hill) to Bowness and the famous Lake Windermere where there are some great boat rides. There are both quick rides or hop on hop off day trips taking in several attractions.
We cater for celiacs, vegans, vegetarians and gluton free simply let us know on booking of your needs. We run our White Rose the way we would expect when we go away, with home laundered and fresh smelling towels and bed linen. All guests have unlimited access to the house. We accept children over 14 years old. Late arrivals, after 22.00, accepted only by prior arrangement. We do not have private parking however there is free on street parking on our road and several surrounding roads. There is a car park opposite with a charge.
We are here to make your stay homely, comfy, happy and stress free. We are a non-smoking guest house, but smokers are free to smoke in the garden where ash trays are supplied.
Children welcome from age 14.
South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
27 September 2014
“Fantastic breakfast , very friendly owners”
The white rose is very accessible to windermere, clean and affordable. We had room 3 which is a double room there's even a leather sofa to relax on . Great breakfast a full monty challenge of bacon eggs black pudding beans tomatoes and mushrooms or less if you require.
Reply from The White Rose at 29 Sep 2014
Thank you so much .
We enjoyed meeting you.
SD 413982 54.37589 -2.90514
Leave M6 at jct 36. Take A590 towards South Lakes for 3 - 4 miles. Then take the A591 towards Windermere for 10 miles. Turn left into Windermere village, Nat West Bank on right, TIC on left. Travel through one-way system. Immediately after pedestrian crossing, turn left into Broad Street. The White Rose is at the far end on the left.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- Designated smoking area
- WiFi or internet access
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from age 14.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
lakeland stone flags
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
We do not have the facilities for wheel chairs unfortunatly. Mild disabilities can be catered for in regards to mobility ie we have rooms on the first floor with one set of stairs [not steep ] please feel free to get in touch to discuss this.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Staff have had disability awareness training