Refine your search
Search availability for Bagdale Hall, No. 4 & Lodge and book online
The rooms in Bagdale Hall remain much of the character of the original house with beamed ceilings, four-poster beds and stone mullioned windows with leaded-lights. There are some spectacular fireplaces and original features, complimented by traditional, comfortable furnishings.
No.4 Bagdale is only a few steps away from Bagdale Hall. This Georgian townhouse, with a grand and imposing facade was probably built for a wealthy businessman or ship-owner. In times past this building has been called 'The Bagdale' a hotel in its own right, many years ago.
The Lodge is a large detached house known in Georgian times as 'Lobster Hall'. It subsequently became Springhill School throughout the 1800's and eventually Whitby's Liberal Club after the First World War. The modern comfortable and bright rooms retain the influence of the Georgian style.
There is ample free parking. Reception is available at Bagdale Hall up to 11.00pm.
Children welcome from any age.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
12 April 2012
“Total dissapointment and daylight robbery”
Firstly being charged £110 per night for a room which is advertised on their website for £55 and can just about fit two people. Secondly not being able to find a parking space when the hotel advertise "ample parking". Thirdly the wardrobe rail collapsing when clothes were hung on it. The list is endless, soup - inedible, returned and not deducted from the bill, Beef Wellington - tough and tasteless, £29 bottle of wine - presented opened with no sight of the cork, Pavlova - shop bought with "squirty cream" and frozen fruit. The final straw was breakfast service - waited fifteen minutes after ordering for toast then the main cooked breakfast was served fifteen minutes after the toast. Plus dirty cuttlelery on the table and tinned fruit salad. It was at this point we decided to check out one night early, on checkout there was no question as to why we were leaving early and had we had an enjoyable stay. I am presently composing an email to the Manager of the hotel to alert him to the service his guests are receiving and hopefully receive some form of compensation for our horrible experience at his hotel. Please please please do not reccomend this hotel to any future visitors to you beautiful town. Thank you and regards.
NZ 895107 54.48430 -0.61938
From York, Whitby is 45 miles taking the A64 by-passing Malton, then the A169 passing through Pickering. From Scarborough, Whitby is 20 miles on the A171. From Teesside it is 30 miles to Whitby on the A171 or A169.
By Public Transport:
There are local trains to Whitby from Middlesbrough Mainline Station. Scarborough also has mainline connections. The hotel is close to both rail and bus stations.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- Euros accepted
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- Evening meals
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities