The Hillcrest Guest House provides its guests with a warm and relaxing base to enjoy the wonders of Whitby and the surrounding Yorkshire Coast. This Victorian property has been tastefully decorated to a high standard retaining many of its original features. The off-road private parking provides a car parking space for a car per room - this may mean that cars have to be blocked in and we ask you then to leave your car keys. It is situated a five minute walk from Whitby town centre and railway station.
Each of the bedrooms has been individually furnished some with four poster beds. Every room is en-suite and centrally heated equipped with a colour television (with Teletext), hospitality trays and hair dryers. The ground floor rooms are ideal for those guests who have impaired mobility. Guests are advised to discuss their particular access needs. A hearty breakfast with a choice of cereals and fresh fruits are available in the elegant dining room. Vegetarian diets are catered for and guests with special dietary requirements are requested to notify their needs prior to arrival.
Children welcome from any age.
NZ 894104 54.48184 -0.62096
From Tourist Information Centre head away from the river along Bagdale Road. At mini roundabout continue left up Prospect Hill. Guesthouse is on left on the brow of hill.
By Public Transport:
From TIC, as above. Station is directly opposite.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Euros accepted
- Staff fluent in Spanish
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
concrete and/or grass
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bedrooms available with emergency call systems such as flashing lights (if fire alarm is activated)
The ground floor rooms are ideal for those guests who have impaired mobility. Guests are advised to discuss their particular access needs.
- Steps to the main entrance
- TwoNumber of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities