This is a very spacious one bedroom apartment, with everything to an extremely high standard. Spectacular views of the harbour and salt marshes. Stairs & lift. Private parking. Close to the shops. No smoking or pets. Sleeps 2 adults.
At every stage of the tide there is a different view from our stunning apartment on the first floor of The Granary. The long sandy beaches and pine woods are one mile away, either by car, foot or miniature railway. The main shopping street, Staithe Street, is literally around the corner. The bus service is about a quarter of a mile and around seven minutes walk.
The apartment is accessed either by stairs or lift and is centrally heated. For disabled access please ring us. All rooms lead off a central hall, with a large bedroom with a super-kingsize bed, which can be separated to form twin beds. (with wonderfully comfortable Hypnos mattresses). The living room has large French windows looking out on an ever changing view of the harbour and salt marshes, with colour TV with Freeview, and DVD player and Wi Fi access. At the back of the living room, through an arch, is the dining area. The large bathroom has a bath with shower over.
The modern, well-equipped kitchen has a washing machine/drier, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave and Bosch oven/hob, and the view!
Bed linen is supplied, and towels. Bookings are Friday to Friday with short breaks available out of peak season. We ask that you vacate by 10.30 am to allow for cleaning. The apartment will be ready for you to arrive by 3 pm.
We provide a welcome with some fruit, homemade scones, local honey and some milk. Hoping you will have a really enjoyable stay in Wells-next-the-Sea. We look forward to hearing from you.
CONTACT: John and Helen Ilsley, The Cottage by the Church, Weston, Hitchin, Herts. SG4 7DJ.
01462 790210 / 07788 991589 or 07831 311155
TF 917437 52.95692 0.85338
The Quay is well signposted from the A149 going through Wells next the Sea. The Granary is a prominent building identified with a gantry going over the road from The Quay.
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Cycles for hire
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Service dogs not accepted:
no pets allowed.
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available