Refine your search
We are a family run small hotel with a large reputation for friendliness and our attention to your holiday needs. All rooms have en-suite facilities and are equipped with a complimentary hospitality tray for a refreshing cup of tea or coffee.
The Minffordd Hotel in Talyllyn valley, Mid Wales is set in probably the most breathtaking scenery in Britain and is literally situated at the base of the Cader Idris with the summit being 1.5 miles NW of the hotel.
The original parts of the building are over 400 years old so as you would expect the walls are very thick and there are plenty of original features such as the original wood beams which can be seen throughout the building and our log fire which is a key feature during the winter months.
WI-FI Now Available In Our Bar Area Free Of Charge
At the Minffordd we pride ourselves on the high standard of cleanliness maintained. To achieve this standard and to ensure our guests' complete comfort, all rooms are serviced on a daily basis and as you would expect, freshly laundered towels and bedding is used for each room let.
We have 2 lounges available for guest to relax in at any time of the day - maybe after dinner with a glass or two of your favourite drink from our extensively well stocked bar. Our restaurant seats a maximum of twenty people for dinner. Breakfast is also served here with a selection of fresh fruit, cereals and fruit juices with full breakfasts cooked freshly to order.
The Minffordd Hotel is well worth a visit, not only for its location in the finest scenery in Britain, but also for its warm and comfortable northern hospitality in a building that has welcomed visitors for over three centuries..........!
PLEASE NOTE NO FURTHER DISCOUNTS ARE VALID ON THE CURRENT PRICE SHOWN HERE
Children welcome from any age.
SH 732117 52.68865 -3.87622
On the A487 at the junction with the B4405. Dolgellau is 6 miles away and Machynlleth is 8 miles. The nearest railway station is at Machynlleth. Buses from Machynlleth, Dolgellau and Tywyn pass the hotel.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Public house/Inn
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities