Search availability for Dolffanog Fach and book online
Situated at the heart of Snowdonia, Dolffanog Fach is a 17th century farmhouse, nestling at the foot of the awe inspiring mountain of Cadair Idris, near the beuatiful Talyllyn lake.
Sara and Carl aim to offer the warm and friendly service of a traditional guesthouse with the standards and luxurious touches of a boutique hotel.
All too often guest houses bed and breakfast accommodation, (and indeed hotels) fail to deliver what we are all looking for whilst away from home - comfort....
At Dolffanog Fach you will never sleep on anything but sumptuous Egyptian linen. All our quilts and pillows are Polish Goose down*, all our linen is crisp Egyptian cotton. A perfect combination to ensure a memorable nights sleep.
NB *hypo allergenic quilts and pillows are available, please feel free to ask.
Bathrooms at Dolffanog Fach have been completely refurbished with slate floors spots and travertine wall tiles. All Rooms have a tasteful welcoming feel, exuding quality and warmth, and are named after well known authors.
As well as a hearty breakfast, we can provide packed lunches and, in the evening, a delicious 3-course dinner in the intimate setting of our candlelit, slate-floored dining room. We also stock a range of fine wines, local beers, cider and spirits.
Unwind in our Finnish sauna: for those guests who appreciate the therapeutic effects of a sauna, we have created an oasis of calm. Our large 6 person Finnish sauna is complimented by a relaxing chaise longue, bathrobes and magazines.
Relax in the tranquility of our delightful garden overlooking Talyllyn lake, or relax beside an open fire in our cosy guest lounge, filled with books, DVDS and board games and exudes warmth and comfort. A real treat on a winters night.
This is a very special place and it is important to us that you have a wonderful stay. It is the little things that make the difference, like the care and attention we will devote to your needs, no matter how great or small. We want your time with us to be totally relaxing and when you leave us you feel refreshed by the experience.
Prices from £35 pppn
Three-Course Dinner £20 pp
Children are most welcome from any age.
Dogs welcome at no extra cost
Children welcome from any age.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Baby listening service
- Private parking
- Central heating
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Sauna onsite
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
'Please log onto our website address for full access statement'. www.welshretreat.co.uk
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities