Refine your search
Search availability for Primrose Cottage and book online
A small, family run B&B, Primrose cottage has 3 en-suite rooms. A lovely, light twin room. A large double room with 4 poster bed and seating area, and a large self contained apartment, with its own lounge and kitchen area. This is ideal for extended stays or just as a double room with breakfast provided in the main house. All rooms are non-smoking.
Each room has a flat screen TV with freeview, radio alarm, hospitality tray, toiletries, cosy towels and free wi-fi.
Guests are free to use the lovely garden area to relax and unwind, and perhaps enjoy a cool drink on warmer days.
We offer ample off road parking for guests and transport can be arranged if needed and on request.
With a wealth of knowledge of the area, Jim and Tina will be happy to suggest walks or places to visit. A good range of local maps and walking/cycling routes are available to use if required.
For the walker and cyclist Primrose cottage is ideally placed for the C2C. There are also some lovely walks and rides away from the hustle and bustle of the Lake District, right from the door.
Dog friendly too: For a small charge (£10 per dog/pet per stay) dogs/pets are welcomed at our holiday apartment within Primrose cottage. Owners are asked to bring their own feeding bowls and blankets etc. Dogs/pets are not allowed in the bedroom and owners are asked not to leave their pets unattended.
Laundry facilities are available for a small charge, as are packed lunches.
Primrose cottage is easily found just off junction 38 of the M6. On exiting the M6 and reaching the roundabout turn right into Tebay and Primrose cottage is the first building on the right (White house).
Children welcome from any age.
Barnet, United Kingdom
10 April 2016
Cant fault anything about our stay. Owners were extremely good hosts and made us feel comfortable. We will definitely recommend to friends and come back again.
Reply from Primrose Cottage at 10 Apr 2016
Thank you for your lovely review Nancy and we are glad you enjoyed your stay at Primrose cottage B&B.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Laundry/valet service
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- Designated smoking area
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- High chairs available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Wet room
- WCs with handrails available
- Bedrooms available with separate, private or shared bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities