Refine your search
Search availability for Wortley Cottage Guest House and book online
Wortley Cottage Guest House is a 150 year old property in the centre of the historic village of Wortley. It is next door to the Post Office, village shop, cafe and the Wortley Arms which has an excellent reputation for fine dining. Since the B&B changed hands in JUne 2009, the new owners have worked hard to refurbish and update the Guest rooms to a pleasant and comfortable standard. Please note that the property has a no-smoking policy.
The village has good road links to Manchester (A616), Holmfirth/Huddersfield (A629), M1 J35A/J36 (3 miles), Barnsley (6 miles) and Sheffield (9 miles) - extremely conveninet for the business traveller, or as an overnight stop on a long journey.
There is plenty of reasons to welcome cyclists, walkers and climbers - the Trans Pennine Trail runs along the valley, just 10 minutes walk away. Cycles can be hired from the owners. For those interested in the Sheffield Carols, the Guest House is conveninetly located for Grenoside, Worrall and Oughtibridge.
Children welcome from any age.
SK 307994 53.49042 -1.53875
By Road: From M1 J35A/J36 - take the A616 towards Manchester. After 2 miles, take the junction on the left signposted A629 (Wortley, Penistone and Huddersfield). At the T-junction turn left and follow the road into the village. Go round the first sharp bend. At the sharp left-hand bend there is a T-junction. Turn right and park the car. The Guest House is next to the Post Office.
By Public Transport: The nearest railway stations are Chapeltown or Barnsley. It is advisable to use a taxi from the station as the buses only run every 2 hrs.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Ironing facilities
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Cycles for hire
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups welcomed
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free