Refine your search
Family run, 4-star Guest House 10 minutes from town. Non-smoking, full English breakfasts and superb views. Marine View Guest House is a warm and friendly, family run, six bedroomed, non-licensed hotel. We're ideally placed in the heart of Yorkshire's holiday hotspot, Scarborough, and offer guests a friendly relaxed and informal atmosphere.
The hotel is set in a prominent and spectacular position on the North Cliff overlooking the magnificent North Bay. All of Scarborough's numerous attractions are within easy walking distance from the hotel including the cricket ground, indoor bowls centre, South Bay and shopping centre, the Stephen Joseph Theatre and the beach and promenade. We are within easy reach of the famous Peasholm Park, Sea Life Centre and Scarborough's historic castle. Marine View Guest House is non-smoking throughout for the comfort of all.
Our rooms are all en-suite with central heating, a colour digital TV, hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities. Ironing facilities are also available on request. We now have free wi-fi access. Guests will love our hearty full English breakfast in our delightful dining room. We also cater for special diets on request - vegetarian, vegan, celiac and lactose free.
Children welcome from age 3.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
16 November 2012
Fine outlook with sea views. Near centre of town. Bedroom spacious. Lighting in bedroom good for reading. Helpful people. Surprised that breakfast began as late as 9.00am.
TA 044891 54.28689 -0.39709
From A64 Seamer Road, turn right towards the town centre, then follow the brown tourist signs towards the castle. When on Castle Road look for Rutland Terrace on the left, turn into Rutland Terrace. Marine View Guest House is 8th on left.
From Scarborough train station turn right along Westborough (pedestrian zone), turn left at the end of the pedestrian zone along St Thomas Street. At the island turn right along Castle Road, turn left into Blenheim St. At the end turn right, Marine View Guest House is 3rd on right.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from age 3.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)