Refine your search
Search availability for Buckle Yeat Guest House and book online
This 17thC Lakeland cottage which has been tastefully decorated and furnished for your comfort is situated in the picturesque village of Sawrey, and is an ideal base for touring the Lake District.
The spacious oak-beamed lounge with warming log fire, antique furniture and ample comfortable armchairs is the perfect place to plan your day or relax after a long days walking. Freshly baked bread rolls, cereals, yoghurt and fresh fruit followed by traditional full English breakfast prepared to order using the best produce is served in the large dining room. We cater for all diets.
The bedrooms are individually furnished and decorated. All are ensuite and offer the additional comforts of tea/coffee making facilities, colour TVs and hairdryers. All bedrooms are non-smoking. Buckle Yeat is famous for its connections with Beatrix Potter, featuring in many childrens books. Hilltop, her former home, now open to visitors, is situated almost next door. The warmest hospitality is extended to those wishing to take a relaxing and peaceful holiday. Free Wi-Fi and a laptop is available for guests use. Open through the year Buckle Yeat is privately owned and family run.
Children welcome from any age.
Queens Road, United Kingdom
26 August 2016
Staff friendly and helpful. Amazing location with warm and cozy atmosphere. Full immersion in the nature, right next to Beatrix Potter's house. Breakfast very tasty and generous. Thank you so much for the lovely experience!
SD 370956 54.35201 -2.97078
Leave the M6 at jct 36. Proceed to Windermere then follow the signs for Hawkshead via the ferry. Travel across on the ferry, Sawrey is the second village.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Euros accepted
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours