Refine your search
Search availability for Cundall Lodge Farm and book online
Come and stay with us in our Grade II listed Georgian farmhouse. It is a peaceful retreat that enjoys glorious panoramic views of the countryside and across the 'Vale of York' to the Hambleton Hills.
Cundall Lodge is a working family farm and guests are welcome to explore, perhaps see the lambs in spring, take a leisurely stroll along the baks of the river Swale or just sit and relax in the garden.
A breakfast of your choice is served in the dining room using the best local produce, bread, honey and homemade preserves. Choose from a range of starters followed by a traditional Cundall Lodge Grill or one of our speciality dishes, special diets can be catered for.
Although we do not serve evening meals there are several good places to eat close by and we will be pleased to give some suggestions and help to make a booking.
Guests are welcome to relax in the lounge and enjoy the warmth of a log fire on chilly evenings.
All our individually furnished ensuite rooms have king-sized beds, colour tv's, full central heating and tea and coffee making facilities with fresh milk and homemade biscuits.
All the bathrooms have bath-sheets, robes and complimentary toiletries by 'The White Company'.
We are ideally situated within easy reach of the Yorkshire Dales to the west and the North York Moors and coast to the east. York is 14 miles away. Fountains Abbey, Ripon Cathedral and Newby Hall a short drive away.
Children welcome from age 10.
SE 423726 54.14749 -1.35389
Leave the A1/M (J49) and take the A168 towards Thirsk and Teeside. After about a mile take the first exit to Topcliffe, Asenby and Cundall. Turn right immediately (at the Crab and Lobster) for Cundall and Helperby after 2 miles (just before Cundall village). Cundall Lodge is on the left.
By Public Transport:
From Thirsk Railway Station, Cundall Lodge Farm is a short taxi ride.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Working farm
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from age 10.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Steps to the main entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training