Refine your search
Guest House with 4 rooms £65 pppnb
VISITENGLAND 5 STAR GUEST HOUSE, VISITENGLAND GOLD AWARD, AA 5 STAR GUEST HOUSE, VISITENGLAND BREAKFAST AWARD, GREEN TOURISM SILVER, WELCOME HOST GOLD, AA BREAKFAST, AA DINNER, DELICIOUSLYORKSHIRE BREAKFAST, WHITE ROSE AWARD FINALIST, WTY MEMBER
The Moorlands Country House Hotel is located within Levisham, which is in the heart of the North Yorkshire Moors. Levisham is an ideal base for those wishing to have a walking, touring or restful holiday. Within easy reach of York, Castle Howard, Harrogate, Whitby and Scarborough. Winner of the White Rose Awards Guest Accommodation 3 Times. Moors and Coast Guest Accommodation of the Year. Excellence in England Silver winner twice.
Built for Reverend Armstrong in 1895, by his family as a Wedding Present. Totally renovated and restored in keeping with the building.
All our bedrooms are en suite and individually designed with our guests comfort in mind. Enjoy a walk round the garden or sit by the pond and relax, or have afternoon tea on the terrace.
Country House with stunning views, totally no smoking, no children under 15 please. Full English breakfasts and evening meals using locally sourced seasonal produce. Licensed with an extensive wine list. Peace and tranquil awaits.
Children welcome from age 15.
SE 833903 54.30215 -0.72063
From the A64 into Pickering at the roundabout head to Whitby on the A169. After 4 miles turn left to Lockton/Levisham. The establishment is the 1st house on the right as you enter Levisham.
By Public Transport:
From Malton, head towards Pickering. Then as for road directions.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from age 15.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
We have a very low threshhold at the front door of 4cm.
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training