Refine your search
Search availability for Bridgefoot Guest House and book online
Bridgefoot House is a welcoming and charming Guest House, situated next to the famous thatched cottage in the pretty North York Moors National Park village of Thornton-le-Dale.
This family run B&B offers comfortable non smoking en-suite accommodation for visitors to this outstanding area of natural beauty.
Free Wi-Fi and off road parking is provided.
The house dates back to the 17th century when it was built for the school master at the grammar school set up by Lady Lumley. The wonderful balcony window was put in place in 1901 and is a familiar land mark in the village.
Bridgefoot House now provides spacious and comfortable B & B accommodation for guests, retaining the features and charm of its long history whilst at the same time all of the requirements of the discerning modern traveller have been included.
Children welcome from any age.
Bradford, United Kingdom
27 November 2016
“Very friendly,comfortable room,excellent breakfast”
It was an overnight stay but would love to come back!
The people were very friendly and attentive.
The room was very clean and the bed comfortable.
The breakfast was very good quality food and plenty of variety and quantity - set us up for the day!
It's situated near the centre of Thornton-le-Dale and a short walk to the local amenities and pub.
Have recommended it to others.
SE 836830 54.23645 -0.71812
From A64 take Malton to Pickering road, A169 turn-off. Go to Pickering, turn right at roundabout A170, Scarborough road. Thornton Dale is 2.5 miles, go straight through crossroads. Property is 200yds on the left.
By Public Transport:
Out of Malton on the A169 to Pickering. Turn right at roundabout A170. About 2.5 miles to Thornton Dale, through crossroads. Property is 200yds on the left.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- High chairs available
- Cots available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training