Refine your search
Search availability for The Grange Guest House and book online
The Grange Guest House is an 18th Century Grade II Listed Town House.
The Grange has undergone a complete and sympathetic renovation, maintaining many original features from beamed ceilings to Victorian fireplaces and offers guests an exceptional standard of accommodation and facilities. There are 5 Guest Rooms, four have king size beds and one has a super king size bed which can also be dressed as a twin. All the rooms have en suite facilities with fluffy white towels and bathrobes along with complimentary toiletries, duvets and white Egyptian cotton sheets, LCD TV with free view, radio alarm with iPOD docking and charging station, also complimentary tea / coffee tray. Heating is via radiators, which can be controlled through thermostatic valves. Most rooms have beamed ceilings and some have original Victorian fireplaces.
The guest sitting room has large comfy leather sofas and an open fire, which is lit on cooler days - perfect to enjoy the complimentary refreshments offered every afternoon, or simply to relax and read one of the books from our small library. The Grange is also a licensed premises and carries a small selection of wines, beers and spirits.
Breakfast is served each morning between 8.00 and 9.30 in our light and airy breakfast room, which overlooks the garden. The breakfast menu changes daily, but will always include 'the full English'. We can cater for most dietary requirements with prior notification.
The garden has several seating areas for guests to enjoy, when the weather permits, to the rear of which is the large, secure car park. We also have secure cycle storage.
The village of Thornton le Dale is situated in the North York Moors National Park and is an area of outstanding natural beauty. It has several pubs, cafés, a fish and chip shop and a superb Bistro, all within walking distance of The Grange. There is also a mixture of gift shops, a gallery, a boutique and an ice cream parlour.
Within a 2 mile radius of the village is Dalby Forest ideal for walking or cycling and also Pickering with its many shops, steam railway and restaurants. The coastal resorts of Whitby and Scarborough are a short drive away along with the North York Moors. Easily accessible are the larger villages of Malton, Helmsley, Easingwold and, of course, York.
Whether you want a relaxing break or a more energetic one, The Grange is an ideal place to stay.
Children welcome from any age.
SE 840831 54.23744 -0.71221
The Grange Guest House is in the High Street, a few minutes walk from the village centre. There is some parking to the front of the property although you are encouraged to use our large private car park, accessed off South Lane, which runs west parrellel to the high street.
Thornton le Dale is some 2 miles east of Pickering along the A170 towards Scarborough.
Travelling from the South follow the A64 from York to Malton then take the A169 towards Pickering / Whitby. Thornton le Dale is signposted off this road.
When travelling from the North from Thirsk follow the A170 towards Pickering / Scarborough and onto Thornton le Dale.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Real log/coal fires
- Staff fluent in German
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities