Refine your search
Search availability for Royal Oxford Hotel and book online
The Royal Oxford Hotel is ideally located just two minutes walk from the city centre and is very close to both the railway and coach station. The hotel is fully air conditioned and has wireless broadband network available throughout. Check in time is from 2pm and check out by 12.00 noon. Our rooms are spacious and comfortable. All have bath tubs and shower, writing desk, hairdryer, telephone and TV with FreeView Channels, Tea and Coffee facilities, fruit bowl, chocolates, biscuits and bottled water.
Children welcome from any age.
London, United Kingdom
29 April 2014
Cleanliness of the double bed was very poor , there were hairs inside , unbelievable , breakfast when booking was made was understood to be included , it wasn't and £22 were charged (£11pp) for a really low quality (and quantity )English breakfast , staff at the desk were somehow pleasant but there was not a manager on site , not to go back
SP 506063 51.75310 -1.26693
Situated to the centre of the city.
From the north and south leave the M40 at junction 9 and proceed along the A34 towards Oxford. Follow it until you reach the North Hinksey/Botley junction. Take the first exit and proceed until you reach a T junction. Turn left and follow the road for 1.5 miles. Travel under a railway bridge. At this point the hotel will come into view.
The Royal Oxford Hotel does not have a car park in the premises any longer; however our customers can use the Worcester car park just two minutes walk from the hotel: this is a pay and display car park. We can also arrange a space for £5/car/night in the
vicinity of the hotel.There are restricted hours during which you can arrive to park the car.
Please kindly contact the hotel for further information.
Otherwise you can use the Seacourt Park and Ride car park just five minutes drive from the hotel.
Approximately 0.3 of a mile from Oxford Rail Station. Walk out of the main station concourse and walk straight ahead towards the city centre, the hotel will be in front of you.
BY AIRPORTS / COACH
From Heathrow there is a fast rail link to London Paddington which connects directly with services to Oxford.
There is a regular coach service (X70) from both London airports to Oxford City Centre.
From London there are two coach services that run 24hrs, The Oxford Tube and X90, both of which depart from Victoria at Grosvenor Gardens and call at Park Lane (West side near Marble Arch). The X90 also calls near Baker Street at the top of Gloucester Place and the Tube on Notting Hill Gate.
Airport and London coaches terminate at Gloucester Green bus station in Oxford. Accommodation approximately 0.4 of a mile from the bus station. From the bus station go out of the main entrance and turn right. At the bottom of the Road you will see a car park on your right past Duke's Cut pub into Park End Street. The hotel is at the bottom of the road on your right.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Night porter
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Air conditioning
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Staff fluent in German
- Staff fluent in Italian
- Staff fluent in Russian
- Staff fluent in Polish
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Baby changing facilities
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities