Refine your search
Lovely, comfortable and welcoming. A small family-run B&B in Kennington, south Oxford, just 2 miles from the heart of the city. Only a 15 minutes bus journey (Route 35). Local shops including a bakery and the Tandem pub within walking distance.
4* luxury, accommodation A lovely double room for one or two persons, single person discount.
A modern en-suite shower room with digital pressure shower graces the accommodation. For your comfort we only use quality linen and soft luxury towels and bath robes. Trouser press. Tea/coffee/and a selection of hot drinks. Fridge. Flat screen TV with DVD plus mp3 player. Wireless internet.
Continental breakfast is included and taken in the dining room, which can also be used by the visitors at any time during their stay. This has a microwave for sole use of the visitors.
Large driveway providing off-road parking and a garage if storage for bikes is required.
This home provides the visitor with all the luxury and comforts of home and occasionally the odd word in Welsh!
Visitors are kindly asked to vacate the home during the day unless agreed in advance. Kooikie the family dog is as welcoming as the hosts and their family, although he likes to bark his greeting!
The Tandem provides inexpensive meals whilst looking over towards the river. Al Kaham Indian restaurant in the village as well as a Chinese take away.
A nice country walk away is The Kings Arms in Stanford-on-Thames, which overlooks the Canal and lock. Enjoy watching the narrow boats as they tackle the lock!
Cycle path from the village to Oxford takes 20 minutes through Hinksey park or along the Canal where you can view the practising rowers.
Children welcome from age 5.
01 July 2013
“Fantastic, recommend without hesitation!”
The room is of a very high standard, especially the new en-suite, and the dining/breakfast room is very comfortable with a wide range of breakfast delights on offer. What makes this accommodation stand apart from the average though, is the warm welcome and attention given by the hosts - this makes it like a home away from home. Lliwen and Iain are also invaluable with their local knowledge and gave great advice regarding other places to visit!
SP 521026 51.71972 -1.24719
By bus from Oxford: Take the 35 bus from St Aldates near to Christchurch Collage direct to Kennington. Post Office stop at Kennington. Up Edward Road, turn right at top and 1st Right into Blackman Close. Abodes B and B is directly opposite. number 6.
By Car: Take the A34 Hinksey Interchange junction and aim for Oxford for 300m then take the slip road towards Kennington. After 200m take the turning left to Kennington. At the mini roundabout take the right turn up Upper Road. Blackman Close is the 4th turning left. Welcome!!
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Continental breakfast only
- Ironing facilities
- Baby listening service
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Cots available
- Staff fluent in Welsh
Children welcome from age 5.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours