Refine your search
The coach house at Highclere Farm is a self-contained building which enables guests to have their own key and come and go as they please. It is furnished with period furniture throughout and is light and airy. It consists of a double room, and twin room upstairs, both with ensuite bathrooms. Downstairs are two further single beds in the large sitting room with dining area; one bed is in an alcove behind a curtain which can provide additional accommodation for large family parties. Highclere Farm is in a designated area of outstanding natural beauty and is very quiet and peaceful. There are two good pubs/restaurants within walking distance, one being The Yew Tree, and there are many other restaurants nearby. Highclere Castle is only a mile away, Newbury Race Course within 5 miles and Oxford, Winchester, Salisbury and Stonehenge are within easy reach.
Children welcome from any age.
17 August 2013
“Lovely, relaxing countryside break”
I booked to stay at Highclere Farm so I could have the experience of staying in the countryside, and to be close to Highclere Castle for my visit there. If this is what you're looking for, it is perfect. My hosts were very hospitable and helpful in providing me with local information on where to eat, etc; the accommodation was clean, quiet, and provided everything I needed. Breakfast was lovely, and I had dinner both nights at the Yew Tree, where the food and ambience were wonderful. Great for walks in the woods and a peaceful, relaxing country break!
SU 434592 51.33099 -1.37818
From A34, take the Highclere & Wash Common exit. At the roundabout turn right onto A343 towards Highclere. Go through Highclere and at the end of the village, pass The Red House Pub on the right. Down a slight hill and take the first left into Highclere Street. There is a large blue sign saying 'unsuitable for heavy vehicles.' Highclere Farm is the first house on the left.
By Public Transport:
Train to Newbury, then taxi.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Ironing facilities
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Staff fluent in French
- Staff fluent in Italian
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
There is one step up into the lounge & both bedrooms are up a flight of quite shallow stairs.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities