Refine your search
Search availability for Penllwyn Cottages and book online
Penllwyn Cottages are two beautiful cottages within walking distance of the Ceredigion Marine Heritage Coast - the first to be established in Britain and which recognises the unspoilt nature of the coastline and its wildlife.
Cei Newydd cottage is a delightful holiday property which has been completely renovated from top to toe. The limewashed stone walls and pale blue touches of the cottage echo the nearby sea. The property has two ensuite bedrooms all on the ground floor and is wheelchair accessible. The bedrooms are one double and one twin (the twin can alternatively be made up as a super kingsize bed by means of the zip and link beds). The second bedroom has disabled facilities in its bathroom.
A cot and highchair can be provided upon request. Facilities include underfloor heating, woodburning stove, dishwasher, washer/dryer, TV and DVD and a music centre with ipod docking station.
Cei Newydd enjoys its own enclosed garden with decked, patio and lawned areas.
Mwnt Cottage has a galleried kingsize bedroom (please note there is limited access to the bed from the sides). You can gaze at night through the skylights at the stars above. Mwnt benefits from oak and slate flooring throughout and its bathroom has a separate bath and shower.
Mwnt cottage has its own enclosed garden with patio and lawned areas where you can relax and enjoy a barbecue in the long summer evenings.
The Ceredigion Coastal path is within a 1/2 mile walk. The nearby cove of Cwmtydu is renowned for smugglers and pirates, and seal pups can often be seen here in the autumn months. The coastal path affords excellent walking opportunities connecting all the local beaches and villages in the area.
Children welcome from any age.
Worcester Park, United Kingdom
29 November 2013
“Perfect break in magnificent accommodation”
The cottage is truly amazing.The layout of the accommodation makes for easy-living and was spotlessly clean.It is tastefully decorated with great attention to detail in every aspect of furnishing. The kitchen was equipped with every utensil you could ever need!
The location is peaceful and the coastal path (and other walks) easily accessible on foot.
I have already recommended this cottage to numerous friends and colleagues and we look forward to a return trip.
The hosts were superbly welcoming and should be proud of the exceptionally high standard of accommodation they have created.
At last we have found a cottage which isn't damp and musty!!! We have been looking for years and are delighted to have finally found it!!!
SN 367566 52.18342 -4.38999
From the north follow the A487 through Aberystwyth, Aberaeron and Synod Inn. 0.9 miles after Synod Inn turn right at the church signposted Caerwedros and Cwmtydu. Drive through Caerwedros until you reach a crossroads with 'Peapod Junction' shop on your left. Go straight on at this crossroads and Penllwyn is a further 2/3 of a mile on your left.
Please note if you are using SatNav you stop at Llainfran B&B - Penllwyn is a further 200 yards further on on your left.
From the South take the A484 from Carmarthen. Follow the bypass around Llandysul towards New Quay. When you arrive at the crossroads at Synod Inn turn left. The following instructions are as from the north detailed above.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Public house/Inn
- DVD player
- CD player
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Staff fluent in Welsh
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Designated parking space provided for guests with disabilities
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Outdoor facilities
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bedrooms available with no fitted carpets
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- W.C. fitted with handrails available
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair user
Cei Newydd Cottage for Wheelchair accessand has one en-suite bedroom suitably adapted. Mwnt Cottage would not be suitable for wheelchair access as it has an upstairs bedroom.
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Call system with vibrating pads
- Call system with flashing lights
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)