Refine your search
Search availability for The Gables Bed & Breakfast and book online
With stunning views over the Derwent Valley towards the Heights of Abraham, Matlock Bath and Matlock in a quiet location and within easy reach of the Peak District. We offer a beautiful and relaxing place.
Our 3 roomed bed & breakfast offers a double, twin and master king suite with ensuite. Facilities with complimentary tea trays, afternoon tea & cake in the guest's lounge & a home cooked breakfast all on one level for the less able guest, set in a quiet narrow lane with stunning views overlooking Matlock.
Within easy reach of Chatsworth, Haddon Hall, the market town of Bakewell and attractions like Alton Towers and Gullivers. Close to miles of traffic free trails for walking and cycling.
Children welcome from any age.
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
25 July 2016
What a fantastic couple of days! Everything about our stay was brilliant and the views over the valley to Heights of Abraham were amazing.
Our hosts Sue and John were lovely and helpful. We'd arrived feeling hot and bothered and immediately were given tea/coffee and biscuits on the patio. We'd had enough driving for that day but the nearest pub (The White Lion) for an evening meal was closed on Mondays so we ordered takeaway pizza and had that on the patio too! The next evening we did eat at the pub and that didn't disappoint.
Our room was lovely, the bed very comfortable and there was a great shower in the beautiful en-suite.
Breakfasts were wonderful with everything made to order. The fresh fruit was particularly welcome after a week of full English breakfasts elsewhere - although full English was available here too.
Looking forward to returning next summer.
If walking is an issue and you don't want to drive then the steep hill could be a problem. We walked down into Matlock, took the cable car up to the Heights of Abraham then 5 hours later walked back and it was tough but worth it for those fantastic views!
SK 302588 53.12552 -1.55014
From the south: M1 north to J28 take A38/A615 towards Matlock to village of Tansley. Turn left at The Royal Oak signed Riber.
From Matlock follow signs for Tansley and turn right at The Royal Oak.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups welcomed
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities