Refine your search
Search availability for Plas Dolguog Hotel and book online
Secluded Country House set in mature grounds, bounded by the River Dulas, overlooking the Dyfi Valley and Snowdonia National Park. Superb traditional and vegetarian cuisine created by the resident proprietor and chef.
Log fires in the residents lounge on cooler evenings. Comfortable rooms with ground floor and family rooms available.The bedrooms are all individually furnished.
A plaque on the wall dated 1632 records that the present building was modernised 370 years ago. Plas Dolguog has now been sensitively transformed into a country house hotel.
The conservatory restaurant has panoramic views over Snowdonia National Park.
Children welcome from any age.
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
27 September 2016
“We enjoyed our stay.”
Reminded us of French hotels - excellent food and comfortable public areas and clean but basic bedrooms.
Our only criticism is that the shower system could be better - seemed to run hot or cold and nothing in between !
We loved grandma's garden with statues and artwork round every corner.
We hope to be back some day.
SH 761017 52.59891 -3.83075
From Machynlleth 1.5 miles from clock tower west on A489 left turn into lane - signpost to hotel. From Machynlleth railway station 2.5 miles.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Staff fluent in Welsh
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Baby changing facilities
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours