Refine your search
Search availability for Ramada Loughborough Hotel and book online
Traditional townhouse hotel with 78 well appointed rooms, conference suites, great restaurant and parking. Located in the lively, thriving university town of Loughborough.
Children welcome from age 1.
11 January 2017
“You get what you pay for”
Firstly, the staff were very helpful - top marks for them.
However, the rooms are in dire need of updating. Whilst the reception area is nicely done out and clean, the rooms are lacking. The first room we were given had single glazed aluminium sliding windows which didn't shut properly and were wide open when we arrived.
The radiator in the room didn't work, so the room was freezing cold. We asked for another room, and were given one instantly - very helpful.
However, whilst the second room was lovely and warm, it had the worlds smallest double bed - not suitable for me and the missus!
Again the staff were helpful and took us to a third room, which was both warm and had a good sized double bed.
.....However, the bathroom tap handle was missing, the curtains were shredded and the lampshades had scorch marks which gave a worrying feeling about how safe we were with the lights on!!
By this time I was too exhausted from changing rooms and trekking through the building so I just put up with it. (I figured we would only go downhill from there!!)
SK 537195 52.77042 -1.20548
The hotel is in the town centre, on the main High Street. Railway station 1 mile. East Midlands Airport 7 miles.
Exit the M1 at junction 23 and take the A512 to Loughborough. Follow signs for town centre until you get to Sainsburys. At the traffic lights by Sainsburys, turn left to T junction, turn right. Follow road forward and hotel is on the right. Hotel is opposite the Post Office.
Please note that the town centre has been pedestrianised so you might need to follow diversions.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Continental breakfast only
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Night porter
- Passenger lift
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Snooker/billiards/pool onsite
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- Designated smoking area
- WiFi or internet access
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
Children welcome from age 1.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Lift equipped with verbal floor announcements
- Baby changing facilities
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Wet room
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- Bath with support handrails available
- Bathroom with emergency call system available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Steps to the main entrance
- 4Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities