Refine your search
We are pleased to offer two delightful stone-built self-catering cottages in the village of Waterhouses, on the southern edge of the Peak District National Park. Only 10 mins. from Alton Towers on the fabulous Manifold Track. Ideal base for touring, cycling, walking.
Greenside, the larger cottage sleeps 5 have 3 bedrooms, a spacious living room, a well-equiped dining-kitchen with a dishwasher and a fridge freezer, a three piece bathroom with a shower over the bath, plus an en-suite toilet and handbasin to the twin room. A cot and high chair are available on request; an extra person can be accommodated on a folding bed.
Greenside Cottage sleeps two, having one double bedroom. It has a cosy living room with a multi-fuel burner, a well-equiped kitchen, and three piece bathroom, with a shower over the bath. Bed linen and towels are provided. We offer a day's cycling to all our guest.
Children welcome from any age.
Merseyside, United Kingdom
17 July 2016
“Great stay in a great location. ”
The cottage is roomy and very well kept. Owners friendly and very accommodating. So much to see and do in the area for all ages you could easily fill a fortnight and still have things left for next time. We took our bikes and were provided with a good place to shelter them but also bike hire is available with the cottage anyway, with well looked after and new looking bikes and trailers for the kiddies. I would definitely recommend this place to anybody looking to explore the Peak District and Staffordshire. We plan to come again.
SK 091501 53.04834 -1.86463
Situated in the village of Waterhouses.
From the Potteries and the North take the A523 out of Leek in the direction of Ashbourne. Pass through the village of Waterhouses, just before the 50mph signs, turn left over a stone bridge and follow track into property.
From the South, take A523 out of Ashbourne in the direction of Leek. As you enter Waterhouses turn right over the stone bridge opposite the village sign.
The X1 bus between Manchester and Derby stop in the village. It runs every 3hrs
Nearest railway stations are Stoke/Derby/Buxton all approx 20 miles away.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Cycles for hire
- DVD player
- CD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Staff fluent in French
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Seating available in kitchen
- Service dogs not accepted:
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bedrooms available with no fitted carpets
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower