Search availability for Three Shires Inn and book online
This traditional slate Inn was built in 1872 near the meeting point of the old counties of Westmorland, Lancashire and Cumberland. The valley of Little Langdale is the most peaceful and unspoilt in the central Lake District. Leave your car and walk from the door on many high or low level walks.
The Three Shires has been sympathetically extended and upgraded to provide 10 comfortable en-suite bedrooms. The slate-floored walker's bar and resident's lounge have log fires on cooler days. Traditional ales, a large selection of malt whiskies and well chosen wines are on offer in the bar and restaurant, where meals are served every lunch time and evening.
There are delightful views over the Tilberthwaite Fells from the bedrooms, lounge and restaurant. In summer the south facing garden terrace and hotel verandahs are strewn with flowers: wonderful places relax and enjoy the views. The Stephenson family and their staff extend a warm welcome and personal service at the Three Shires Inn, where guests can appreciate friendly hospitality in a peaceful setting with stunning scenery.
Children welcome from any age.
Kent, United Kingdom
24 May 2013
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Three Shires Inn, I would recommend this establishment for anyone looking for a lovely relaxing break in the Lake District. The staff where especially friendly, with a very good overall knowledge of their roles/jobs.
NY 317034 54.42179 -3.05411
Take A593, Ambleside to Coniston road. Travel over Skelwith Bridge towards Coniston and take the next right turn signed The Langdales, Wrynose Pass and Elterwater. Follow the road on to Little Langdale (1.25 miles).
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Public house/Inn
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- CD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Staff fluent in French
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
gravel carpark, concrete paths to the door
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Entrance well lit
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours