Search availability for Augill Castle and book online
A Victorian fantasy, romantic, quirky, laid back and utterly beguiling. The ultimate escape. 'A truly amazing place' Les Routiers. Huge bathrooms, beautiful beds, top quality linen, big fluffy towels. Fresh ground coffee, home-made biscuits and sherry in your room.
'Simon and Wendy have poured all their creative talent in to the palatial bedrooms and the results are stunning' Cumbria Life.
Late breakfasts, leisurely brunches. Relaxed suppers and informal dinner parties. Guests have the run of the house or can shut themselves away in the privacy of their spacious bedroom.
'There is absolutely nothing stuck up or forbidding about this most relaxed of castles' The Sunday Times.
A perfect place for families, the castle is truly family friendly.
'A truly happy family atmosphere' Special Places to Stay.
The castle is available for exclusive use hire as a unique celebration venue. A place to enjoy and be enjoyed.
'What a magical place to be married' The Independent.
Winner of B&B/Guest Accommodation 2008, Cumbria Tourism.
In half terms and school holidays Our Little Augill Cooks cookery school at Augill Castle in the Eden Valley is for children aged 7 - 14 yrs, introducing them to the fun of food and encouraging them to enjoy being in the kitchen.
Children welcome from any age.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Tennis onsite
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Children's outdoor play area
- Cycles for hire
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Lift equipped with verbal floor announcements
- Lift equipped with raised floor numbers or braille numbers or letters
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Baby changing facilities
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Wet room
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- Bath with support handrails available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair users