Refine your search
Search availability for Hipping Hall and book online
Hipping Hall sits in the beautiful rugged moorland of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, making it the perfect place to explore all that the England’s North West has to offer. The ideal hideaway for those who seek a calming and tranquil break from the real world.
Guests can treat themselves to a relax on the terrace before indulging their taste buds with Head Chef Oli Martin’s sensational seasonal menus in the splendour of the 15th century dining room, before drifting off in the sumptuous luxury of one of the hotel’s 15 luxurious rooms.
You may recognise the hotel and restaurant from the BBC’s seminal comedy ‘The Trip’, which follows Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan as they embark on a gastronomic journey across the North of England sampling the culinary delights of Hipping Hall along the way.
At Hipping Hall you will be served with the ‘classic flavours with a twist’ created by Lancashire-born chef Oli Martin, who has worked in restaurants around the world.
Using fresh, seasonal and regional ingredients, Oli’s ever-changing menus are not only set to satisfy your taste buds but they are also a treat for the eyes. You can savour Oli’s food at lunch, served on Saturday and Sunday or at dinner served every evening.
We offer a seven course tasting menu or a five course table d’hôte menu. Both menus are brim full of the freshest local seasonal produce and change on a daily basis. All dietary requirements can also be catered for and with 3 AA Rosettes you can expect top notch quality.
Each of the 15 stylish bedrooms is individually decorated, with each boasting an elegantly appointed bathroom, with natural stone tiles and luxurious contemporary fittings, a luxuriously comfy bed dressed in wonderfully luxurious cotton linen, the perfect thing to ensure you have a good night’s sleep at Hipping Hall.
Hipping Hall is perfectly located for exploring the nearby Howgill Fells, the high Pennines and the beautiful Forest of Bowland - perfect for those who like the great outdoors and a chance to escape the hustle and bustle.
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Private parking
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- Real log/coal fires
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Wet room
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- Bath with support handrails available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair users