Refine your search
Search availability for The Horse and Farrier Inn and book online
Open all day everyday, the Horse and Farrier is a heavenly retreat, serving some of the best Jennings real ale in the Lake District. Our bar and restaurant is well known and highly regarded for serving imaginative and wholesome food.
The idyllic location and breathtaking views of Blencathra and Helvellyn range is simply stunning. Our 20 bedrooms and 2 cottages offer a variety of accommodation including dog friendly and some recently refurbished dog free rooms.
Children welcome from any age.
24 November 2016
“2 days walking N Pennines / Fells with a friend.”
The facilities and staff were excellent, wi-fi was good enough (in the bar) to sit and watch 1-2 hours of live on-line concert on iPad. Unfortunately prices of food were a little high for the content. Otherwise, a great place to stay for walking on the Norther Fells.
NY 322254 54.61916 -3.05146
From M6 jct 40 take A66 for Keswick and North Lakes. We are located 4 miles before Keswick on the right-hand side. Turn right at first signpost for Threlkeld and continue for 0.25 mile into the centre of the village. We are situated on the right and cannot be missed.
From South, leave M6 jct 36 and follow A591 bypassing Grasmere. A mile past the Kings Head at Thirlspot, turn right on to the B5322 for Threlkeld and St Johns in the Vale. At junction with A66 turn right towards Penrith for 0.5 mile and take the first left signposted Threlkeld. Continue for 0.25 mile into the centre of the village, we are on the right-hand side.
From Keswick, follow A66 towards Penrith. Just after the Castlerigg stone circle turnoff, about 3 miles from Keswick, turn left on the road signposted Threlkeld. Follow the road into the village, we are on the left.
We are on the Penrith-Workington or Penrith-Whitehaven bus routes.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Regular entertainment
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Games room onsite
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Snooker/billiards/pool onsite
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Public house/Inn
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Coach parties welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Entrance well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training