Refine your search
Search availability for Shemara Guest House and book online
Richard and Fon Atkinson welcome you to their warm and friendly, centrally located guesthouse in the picturesque town of Keswick in the heart of the English Lake District. Shemara has 7 en suite bedrooms, which are all decorated and furnished to a high standard for your comfort. All rooms have colour TV, tea/coffee and biscuit tray, alarm radio/Cd player, hairdryer, iron and ironing board and central heating. There are splendid views of the Newland Fells from the front bedrooms and Latrigg and Skiddaw can be viewed from the rear facing rooms. We have parking for 4 cars. A public car park is situated opposite the guesthouse which is free overnight. Free wi-fi access is available.
A full Cumbrian, vegetarian or continental breakfast is served in our cosy dining room. We also have a selection of tea, coffee or herbal drinks available. in the evening we serve an authentic Thai menu which is lovingly prepared by Fon using authentic Thai ingredients. Booking a table is recommended for the evening meals.
We hope that once you have stayed with us you will chose Shemara again and again for your holiday in the Lake District. If you would like to make a reservation please telephone first to check availability of rooms.
Children welcome from age 5.
Rama3 Road, Yannawa, Bangkok, Thailand
26 September 2016
“Good location and variety of breakfast”
The hotel is in the city center and within walking distance to everywhere in town. Breakfast has variety to choose and delicious. Room is clean and equipped with tea and coffee maker and toilettories. The only thing to improve is the shower is too weak.
NY 266236 54.60220 -3.13772
From M6 jct 40 continue into town from A66 through pedestrian crossing, past car park on left. Shemara Guest House is on the right.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- CD player
- Evening meals
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from age 5.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training
- Steps to the main entrance
- 16Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower