Refine your search
This historic property dating back to 1698 provides the very best in high-quality self-catering in a setting of real character. Open the solid oak studded door and enter a spacious living room including large open fire and exposed oak beams and just soak up the atmosphere whilst enjoying the terrific views of the Skiddaw fells.
The fully-fitted kitchen includes integrated Neff oven and a dishwasher. The induction hob is faster than gas and totally safe, place your hand or any non-magnetic object on a working hob and it will not burn. The cottage is the only property in Keswick which still retains the rights to wash in the adjacent river, but no doubt you will prefer to use the integrated washing machine. The bathroom is a tour de force, bathe with a friend in a bath with two ends. This luxury whirlpool spa bath is sunken into a red Balmoral granite surround, the perfect way to relax after a day on the fells. Both bedrooms are spacious light and airy, enjoying fabulous views of the river and fells. Each has a 6ft king-size double bed or 2 singles if preferred. Savour the ambience and that olde world charm whilst being cosseted with modern luxury. A place where true romance lives.
Children welcome from any age.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
21 November 2012
There was no parking available outside the cottage, which was a bit inconvenient.
The location was great for the town, but on a main road which was okay for us but might bother some people.
There were no toilet rolls, cleaning cloths (for work tops) supplied for our stay, may have been an oversight?
Also it should be mentioned about the low beams (a problem for people over 5ft3).
No control over radiators in bathroom, very hot.
NY 261238 54.60395 -3.14551
Leave M6 jct 40, following the A66 to Keswick. For a more scenic drive, leave the M6 at jct 36 and follow the A591 through Windermere and Ambleside and on to Keswick, this route will introduce you to the beauty that is the Lakes.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- On street/public parking
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Outdoor facilities
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)