Refine your search
Situated in an excellent location for touring the Lakes and to enjoy the delights of Keswick town which is less than 10-minutes walk away. Magnificent views of the surrounding fells. Fernbank House is a semi-detached property with 5 bedrooms and 2 spacious bathrooms.
It has been beautifully furnished throughout and is decorated and equipped to the highest standard. There is private off-road parking for 3 cars.
Accommodation consists of lounge with views to Grizedale Pike, open fire, coal & logs provided seasonally, wall mounted LCD TV, DVD player & satellite. A wi-fi internet connection is also provided.
The ground floor double bedroom has a 6' super-king bed as standard. If required it can also be set up as two singles, please request upon booking. The fully-fitted and equipped kitchen has a large dual fuel rangemaster cooker and provides for all your catering requirements. Doorway leads to the utility room and downstairs toilet. The dining room seats ten easily with patio door giving views of the garden and Latrigg beyond.
There are three double bedrooms on the first floor, two of which have king-size beds. Additionally, there are two large bathrooms, whilst the second floor has a large twin bedroom.
A secluded garden with lawn, flower borders and water feature is at the rear with views of Latrigg.
Fernbank House is a delightful property that has been carefully designed to provide the best in high quality accommodation with ample space for all.
Children welcome from any age.
Manchester, United Kingdom
11 July 2014
“Great house but tired in parts”
The house was perfect for a group who we're going to be spending quite a bit of time in the house. The kitchen and dining room link via a short corridor so it's great for entertaining. The hot tub was fantastic and so was the rest of the garden. The bathrooms look like they're fairly new and there are plenty of them. There were a few niggles - the CD player wouldn't work , there was a bulb out, and nobody could figure out the sky tv. The house is advertised as luxury but some of the furniture especially looks like it has seen better days. The lounge has a very old carpet and some of the other carpets are looking grubby around the edges too (not dirty, they've just collected dust around the edges over time). The house is a 15min pleasant walk to Keswick town centre but is on a corner of a main(ish) road so don't book if you're sensitive to road noise.
NY 279237 54.60331 -3.11762
Leave M6 at jct 40, following the A66 to Keswick. For a more scenic drive, leave the M6 at jct 36 and follow the A591 through Windermere and Ambleside and on to Keswick, this route will introduce you to the beauty that is the Lakes.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Telephone (public)
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Children's outdoor play area
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Outdoor facilities
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair user
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)