Search availability for Dolly Waggon and book online
Dolly Waggon provides non-smoking accommodation in a spacious Victorian house with ample on-street parking. All rooms are en suite, centrally heated, have colour TV, tea/coffee making facilities and radio alarms. Ground floor room available. As an extra bonus, all rooms have views of the fells. We provide friendly home-from-home holidays or short breaks for our guests and can help plan days out by providing route guides and information on special places of interest. Dolly Waggon is quietly situated, yet only 5-minutes flat walk from the town centre with its large choice of pubs and restaurants. Keswick also boasts a wonderful Theatre-by-the-Lake and local cinema showing all the latest films, both of which are just a short walk away.
Cyclists and walkers are welcome, cycle storage is available.
We cater for vegetarians and special diets and provide packed lunches on request.
There is a launderette nearby.
80 Camberwell Church Street, United Kingdom
11 October 2015
“Great stay with lovely hosts at the Dolly Waggon.”
We really enjoyed our stay at the Dolly Waggon. Amanda, our host, was very welcoming and friendly and was always available to help out with anything we needed. The location is great - just fifteen minutes walk to the lake and less than ten minutes to some lovely little cafes and pubs. I should also mention the delicious breakfast we were spoilt with every morning... yum! Highly recommended, and we would stay again.
NY 269233 54.60001 -3.13177
Take the 1st slip road off the A66 for Keswick, about 15 miles west of M6 jct 40. Follow the signs for town centre, take the turning on the left immediately after the Conservative Club, Greta Street. Cross over Blencathra Street. Turn right onto Helvellyn Street and we are on the right-hand side.
Take the train to Penrith railway station.Take the bus from Penrith railway station to Keswick bus station. We are 10-minutes walk from the bus station. Our website www.dollywaggon.co.uk has links to maps for further information.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Cycles for hire
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- On street/public parking
There is a launderette nearby.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Staff have had disability awareness training