Search availability for Claremont House and book online
Claremont House is a large detached period property set in grounds of an acre. Gardens for you to sit a while and enjoy the breath taking views.
We have 3 king bedded rooms; 1 super king bedded suite/family/flexi room, 1 four poster room and 1 twin bedded room. All rooms enjoy there own private ensuite facilities.
Large private car park caters for all guests. Lock up Cycle and bike storage available. Drying facilities for those wet days.
Fantastic walks from outside the gates. Maps available. A ten minute walk down Manor Brow Road takes you into the market square of Keswick. A two minute drive takes you to the magical Castlerigg Stone circle with 360 degree panoramic views.
For that special treat, flowers, chocolates, wine or champagne can be ordered in advance and in your room on arrival. Delicious hearty breakfasts, locally sourced produce, Special diets catered for. Packed lunches can be provided, if ordered the night before.
Free Wi-Fi access available throughout the house. All rooms have Colour flat screen TV's, clock/radio, hair dryer, hospitality tray, kettle and choice of hot drinks and biscuits.
Children aged 8 years and over very welcome. Strictly no smoking. Sorry, pets not catered for.
A great personal service to make your stay memorable.
Children welcome from age 8.
Porirua, New Zealand
12 September 2016
Very welcoming and knowledge. Good atmosphere in dining room.
Reply from Claremont House at 14 Sep 2016
Thank you very much for a lovely review. This is the best marketing we could ask for. Kind regards Phil and Joy.
NY 278233 54.59968 -3.11907
From the south take M6 jct 36, follow the A591to Keswick. Claremont House is on the right-hand side as you reach Chestnut Hill. Coming from the north, leave the M6 at jct 40, taking the A66. On entering Keswick, take the A591 to Windermere. Claremont House is 500yds on the left.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Vegetarian diet available
Children welcome from age 8.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities