Refine your search
Welcome to Highside Farm Luxury bed and breakfast accommodation near Bassenthwaite Lake and Keswick in the English Lake District. Highside is a typical grade 1 listed Lakeland working farmhouse dating from 1668. The house has recently been extensively renovated to the highest of standards resulting in first class accommodation. The house is typical of its period featuring exposed beams, a fantastic inglenook fireplace and with antique décor.
The farm boasts panoramic views across Bassenthwaite Lake to the front and Ullock pike and Skiddaw to the rear, you can enjoy the panorama enfolding in front of you with the binoculars supplied in each room, you may even be lucky enough to catch sight of the ospreys, or other wildlife which is of abundance to the area.
The views from the farm are second to none due to its elevated position, overlooking Bassenthwaite Lake and beyond, changing daily as the seasons and the colours change. The farm is ideally located in picturesque surroundings, green fields and mountains, making it the ideal base for your Lakeland holiday whether it is for walking, touring or just plain relaxing.
Walking enthusiasts can walk from the door, due to our superb situation there is Skiddaw for the advanced or plenty of lowland walks for beginners.
A ground floor bedroom is available for those who are less mobile.
We welcome families, couples or individuals at Highside Farm, whether you are coming for walking, touring, business or maybe even attending a wedding you can be assured of a first class comfortable stay, where Deborah and Martyn look forward to meeting you.
Children welcome from any age.
NY 234302 54.66105 -3.18897
Highside is situated on the A591 Bothel/Carlisle road, 6 miles from Keswick roundabout. Highside sits at the Orthwaite junction just off the main road.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Children's outdoor play area
- Working farm
- Vegetarian diet available
- DVD player
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- High chairs available
- Cots available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Staff have had disability awareness training