Refine your search
Search availability for Stonecross Manor Hotel and book online
Central location, ample parking, 4-poster rooms, suites with spa baths, childrens menu and indoor heated swimming pool.
Established in 1857 as an orphanage for young girls by the Squiress of Levens, Mrs Mary Howard, Stonecross Manor Hotel has since been extensively modernised and converted into the fine hotel that it is today.
All 30 en suite rooms have been decorated to the highest standard and most boast elaborate 4-poster beds. For an extra touch of luxury, there are also 2 suites to choose from, each with a double spa bath.
Catherines Restaurant and the Westmorland Bar offer an ambience of relaxation coupled with quality Cumbrian and regional cuisine and a wine list to please all tastes.
Our newly refurbished pool, with steam room, massage jets and poolside spa is now open to guests and members.
Stonecross Manor Hotel is also a perfect Wedding venue with function rooms to suit small or large receptions, both formal and informal while the Civil Ceremony Licence ensures your special day can be enjoyed all in one place.
Conference and banquet facilities are also available offering a light and airy environment for your seminar or dinner with quality equipment and extensive menus to cater for all.
And there is also ample free car parking for all.
Children welcome from any age.
East Sussex, United Kingdom
27 September 2016
“It was ok, but room for improvement.”
We had booked this room (Double Four Poster) as a stop over on our way back home from Scotland. A lovely room.....however, there was a door which joins onto the next room. The people in there had the tv up loud and were talking loudly too. We went to the reception and you very kindly let us change to a quieter room at the side of the building.
I do think there should be something stating that this room has a joining door to the next room. I appreciate old buildings are hard to soundproof but given you charge £140 for this room, more effort should be made or a cheaper price and state about the joining room.
The hotel is beautiful but it could definitely do with a modernising makeover, it seems as though no decorating as been done for quite a few years.
We run a pub ourselves so know the costs in this but to keep ahead of the game something really should be done. The food that we had as the evening meal was wonderful but the setting alas wasn't.
We went for a walk down the road after dinner and discovered a very busy restaurant that although was in an old building, it had modern internal decoration including lighting and looked a much more appealing setting.
With breakfast, again, the food was ok, but the Toasters hardly toasted and the set up just wasn't great. Unfortunately after staying at a premier inn a few weeks previously the breakfast option was far more appealing.
Generally I think it just feels tired and sad there, which is a shame as you have some great staff and it's a beautiful building in a lovely town. Don't get complacent, you need to modernise and move with the times....i'm sure you would have many more guests that would then give happier reviews.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Passenger lift
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Christmas special programme
- Travel agent bookings
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Swimming pool - indoor onsite
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Swimming pool
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Baby changing facilities
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities