Search availability for Stonecross Manor Hotel and book online
Central location, ample parking, 4-poster rooms, suites with spa baths, childrens menu and indoor heated swimming pool.
Established in 1857 as an orphanage for young girls by the Squiress of Levens, Mrs Mary Howard, Stonecross Manor Hotel has since been extensively modernised and converted into the fine hotel that it is today.
All 30 en suite rooms have been decorated to the highest standard and most boast elaborate 4-poster beds. For an extra touch of luxury, there are also 2 suites to choose from, each with a double spa bath.
Catherines Restaurant and the Westmorland Bar offer an ambience of relaxation coupled with quality Cumbrian and regional cuisine and a wine list to please all tastes.
Our newly refurbished pool, with steam room, massage jets and poolside spa is now open to guests and members.
Stonecross Manor Hotel is also a perfect Wedding venue with function rooms to suit small or large receptions, both formal and informal while the Civil Ceremony Licence ensures your special day can be enjoyed all in one place.
Conference and banquet facilities are also available offering a light and airy environment for your seminar or dinner with quality equipment and extensive menus to cater for all.
And there is also ample free car parking for all.
Children welcome from any age.
Garibaldi Highlands, Canada
15 August 2015
“The staff were very accomodating and very helpful.”
I picked this hotel because of it's location to the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales and it was ideal for that. My 86 year old mother who lives in England came too as there was a lift. However the door to the lift was extremely heavy so she was not able to do this on her own. I must say the staff was very helpful and accommodating and assisted with this enabling my husband and I to go off for the day knowing she was in good hands. The staff were exemplary overall. The rooms were very clean but my only comment would be that the hotel could do with a paint job. The breakfast was wonderful and so was the service. we enjoyed using the pool facilities too. The evening meals were a bit of a hit or miss depending on what you ordered but I also noted they were advertising for staff so perhaps there was a problem there.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Passenger lift
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Christmas special programme
- Travel agent bookings
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Swimming pool - indoor onsite
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Swimming pool
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Baby changing facilities
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities