Situated on a 200-acre estate, in a beautiful location and surrounded by fields and woodland, Shaw End Mansions 4 stylish and spacious Georgian apartments with open fireplaces, provide an excellent holiday base or short break destination, and is a popular venue for family reunions, weddings and corporate accommodation and can be booked as a whole sleeping up to 18 people.
There is fishing on our own river and tarn, horseriding within a mile and miles of open fell and countryside to enjoy. During the Spring guests can enjoy the sight of new born lambs and even help with the feeding.
The two ground floor apartments, No 1 and No 2, each have 2 bedrooms, a double and a twin. The sweeping pine staircase leads to a 3-bedroomed apartment, No 3, which has an extra double room and a 2-bedroomed apartment, No 4. They are all furnished to a high standard and incorporate many period features.
Please check our website for more information.
Children welcome from any age.
London, United Kingdom
16 September 2016
Shaw End Mansion is a rare find. Hidden away in the rolling hills of the Lake District just North of Kendal, you certainly feel far away from everything, but within ten minutes you can be in the small town of Kendal with all its amenities. This Georgian mansion has very large rooms with lovely high ceilings and tall windows allowing us to enjoy the scenic view out the front.The rooms were clean, spacious, light and the kitchen looked fairly new. A very enjoyable stay while visiting the Lake District. Will definitely use again.
SD 557971 54.36748 -2.68332
From Kendal follow the A685 to the turning on the left towards Mealbank. Through the village towards Patton. Follow the road for 1.25 miles to the turning on the right to Shaw End.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Children's outdoor play area
- Working farm
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Staff fluent in Spanish
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Outdoor facilities
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available in kitchen
We can provide a ramp from the parking area to the main entrance if required.